Emirates Flight Catering
About the job
The DevOps engineer will provide the services and products to the digital transformation initiatives and related programs.
The DevOps engineer will be involved in transformation & automation projects within the organization to ensure that successfully deliver these projects on time and within budget, ensuring that the project objectives are met while adhering to PMP standard methodologies/Agile Methodology.
Responsible to build, test and maintain the DevOps foundation and platform service layer to allow for the agile development and release of software to deliver speed to market, efficiency and quality resulting in higher value to customers. This role will be accountable to drive and implement the strategic direction of digital enablement through the automation of software development and deployment lifecycle
- Lead the strategy and execution of the DevOps and new Tooling adoption roadmap for core DevOps capability, site reliability and cloud engineers to rapidly migrate the existing system landscape utilizing CI/CD best practices with zero touch automation and release on demand practices.
- Develop and customise platforms services for team and agile release trains, through participation in Programme Increment Planning, System Demo and Solution Demos for DevOps, Cloud and SRE adoption runaways. Build autonomous teams to deliver based on the strategic roadmap. Tailor telemetry that contribute to enterprise level metrics.
- Develop and provide a self-service portal for end users to consume services, including automated deployments, server provisioning, security and functional testing, and complete CI/CD pipeline.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build productive relationships with Architecture, Delivery, Product Management, Engineering, Quality Assurance and other stakeholders and effective resolution of any impediments encountered by the autonomous teams.
- Drive the migration of on-premise services to on-cloud services in collaboration with the hybrid cloud team to achieve cost efficiency, improved quality, a more productive engineering workforce and faster project delivery, by providing landing zones, right platforms and technologies.
- Build customised tools and telemetry that enables Enterprise wide visibility of the health of CI/CD pipelines, dashboards and analytics to report on adoption of DevOps, the health trends and business outcomes such as deployment frequency and improvements to quality, at Agile release train and Solution domain level.
- Explore emerging trends and technologies related to DevOps, and best practices are continuously brought into IT for continuous improvement, in addition to managing technology suppliers for DevOps tools and platform development, global centers of excellence and distributed scaled agile practices.
- Drive change management by shifting mindsets and behaviours, building confidence to fail fast and fail often with the objective of increasing the adoption rate and acceptance by the consumer.
- Lead, coach, and mentor a team of DevOps Product and Platform team by providing continuous feedback and drive a culture of innovation, experiment and learning from failures.
Knowledge, Skills & Minimum Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
· Minimum 8 years hands on knowledge of software development and application support.
· 5+ years software engineering at scale with experience in Cloud adoption.
· 5+ years of relevant management/supervisory experience, managing teams of DevOps/software engineering professionals in a large solution domain.
· 3+ years of Scaled Agile methodology, with modern flexible working practices.
· Experience of designing, building and maintaining mission-critical and complex, scalable and software solutions.
· Hands on experience in building and maintaining DevOps platforms, with proven track record of leading a team to transform the efforts of a large-scale engineering organization in digital, data and enterprise domains.
Knowledge & Skills:
· Thorough knowledge of the technology stacks used for business solutions.
· Exceptional technical knowledge of Cloud Platforms (such as Azure, AWS, Google, VRA), Databases (such as Oracle, Mongo, Postgres, MySQL, CouchBase), Secrets Management (such as HashiCorp Vault), Containerization (such as Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes), Monitoring (such as AppDynamics, Splunk), CI/CD (such as Jenkins, SonarQube, Jmeter, Nomad), Infrastructure provisioning tools (such as Puppet, Ansible, Packer, Terraform, Shell Scripting) Logging (Splunk/Kibana/ElasticSearch).
· Ability to think outside the box to solve complex technical issues. Use professional concepts and company objectives to solve complex issues.
· Research industry innovations and best practices. Apply appropriately in the solution domain.
· Partnering with technical and business leaders across the organization to drive value from the technology solutions.
· Identify and remove waste in the software development lifecycle to improve flow, throughput, productivity and quality.
· Managing technology suppliers for complex solution development, global centers of excellence and distributed scaled agile practices.
Advanced problem-solving skills.
Posted on Sep 13, 2023.