About the job
Powered by Cenomi Group, we are a new and independent venture, focused on building the leading lifestyle e-commerce platform in MENA.
We’re a tight-knit founding team with diverse experiences and backgrounds, but with a united passion for creating inspiring solutions for consumers and retailers. Join our mission to create a true omni-channel e-commerce to make selling, shopping and delivery simple and enjoyable for everyone.
As a DevOps engineer, you will have the exciting opportunity to work on the cutting edge of software development and IT infrastructure. You will be responsible for designing and implementing processes and tools that support the organization’s software development and deployment activities, and you will play a key role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the organization’s systems and data.
In this role, you will have the chance to work with a wide range of technologies and tools, and you will have the opportunity to continuously learn and improve your skills. You will also have the chance to collaborate with other highly skilled IT professionals, and you will have the chance to make a real impact on the organization’s success.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation; evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless post mortems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field.
- Experience programming in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, etc.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals (e.g. filesystems, system calls), and with networking (e.g. routing, ESDN) or cloud systems.
- Make an impact from design phase, through development and operation of Kubernetes cluster and its ecosystem on Google Cloud
- Expertise in developing, operating and troubleshooting Kubernetes clusters and/or other highly available systems at scale
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure (Google Cloud preferred)
- Exposure to writing SQL scripts preferred
- Experience designing large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience designing and developing software oriented towards systems or network automation.
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Exposure to automation using PowerShell and/or MS System Center preferred
- Exposure to Service API’s
What to expect after applying
We will review your application and will contact you if your qualifications match our requirements for the role by email. If you are not selected for this position, keep an eye out for future opportunities. Our primary focus is to build a world-class collaborative team that values hard-work, authenticity and purposefulness and is focused on execution and making a difference (solving a real problem). Our setup offers the best of both worlds: start-up setup, growth and upside on the one hand, while being part of an established and well funded group with significant assets on the other.