baraka (YC S21)
About the job
Baraka’s mission is to help millions of young people across the Middle East find financial empowerment.
Our apps help young professionals in the GCC region trade stocks, buy index funds, discover financial news, and do much more. We’re here to educate and empower the Middle East’s next generation of investors.
We’re a world class team of ambitious young professionals. Baraka was part of Y Combinator’s Summer 2021 cohort. Shortly after, we raised Seed funding from a host of top tier VCs that have backed iconic companies like Facebook, Alibaba, Slack and many more. Our team includes pros who have worked at Barclays, Trade Republic, Microsoft, Accenture, and a number of other leading global companies.
But our real secret is hiring people who care about their colleagues and are excited to build something big. This culture helps fuel a high-trust workplace, which allows us to do fun things like offer work from home days and other flexible work arrangements. Our team is constantly looking to improve and works hard to build each other up. We win and lose together and we’re all seriously committed to your growth.
About the role:
As Baraka’s DevOps Engineer, you will be a core member of the Infrastructure team to create and improve the desired infrastructure needs. You will be primarily involved with the backend team. You’ll work closely with our technical leadership, and help drive our product velocity, building out our production infrastructure. We work in an agile model framework so you will be required to pick up things quickly, solve problems, bugs, and assist other team members if required.
- Take full responsibility for the scalability, stability and availability of our low-latency and high-load systems.
- Take on ownership and lead the team by example and experience.
- Infrastructure As Code.
- Further develop the monitoring, observability and alerting of our systems to ensure a reliable service to our user’s.
- Configure access control and identity management.
- Further develop our CI/CD pipeline (Buildkite, Github Actions, ArgoCD)
- Empower developers to understand the underlying platform and make improvements.
- Increase the usability and performance of our tools and systems whilst proactively working on improvements.
- We believe in creating self-heal & zero maintenance systems.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 6+ years of production-level experience in AWS, Kubernetes, Kafka, Redis, Prometheus, Grafana, Cassandra, RDS/PostgreSql, Terraform, Ansible and Helm
- Deep knowledge of Linux internals, networking routing & protocols.
- Strong hands-on building high availability infrastructure.
- Good integration understanding on CI/CD, Git Actions, Argo CD, Pager duty.
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Competitive Tax-Free Salary (Dubai) + ESOP’s in one of the fastest growing MENA fintech’s
- Full coverage health insurance
- 25 paid vacation days annually
- Get $100 USD credit with Baraka to get started in your investing journey (Dubai)