Saudi Business Machines - SBM
About the job
location / Riyadh or Eastern provinces
Experience/ looking for 7 years and above.
Bachelor and above on (Computer Engineering / Computer Science / Networking/IT/MIS/ System administration) degree related degree.
As a Data Scientist, you will be part of a cross-disciplinary team, involving large, complex data sets. These teams include computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users; working business units. Applications include remote monitoring and diagnostics across infrastructure and industrial sectors, risk assessment, and operations optimization. In this role, you will:
- Develop analytics to address BU’s needs and opportunities.
- Work alongside software developers & engineers.
- Work in technical teams in development, deployment and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics and prescriptive analytics.
- Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.
- Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and analytics
- Generate reports, archive, and communicate your work and outcomes.
- Share and discuss findings with team members.
- Identify a use case
- Break that use case down into discrete MVPs (minimal viable product)
- Work in code notebooks
- Build & validate models
- Deploy models via APIs into applications or workflows
- Monitor & retrain models
- Use code repositories to version and share code/notebooks
- Visualize the output of their data story in a way that is consumable by all
- Communicate effectively with line-of-business end-users to discover pain points and use cases, lead project definitions, and convey the business value of the project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). A minimum 4 years of professional experience.
- Desired Characteristics:
- Demonstrated skill in the use of analytic software tools and languages (e.g., SAS, Python, Jython, Java)
- Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality analytics and assessment
- Demonstrated skill in applied analytics, descriptive statistics, feature extraction and predictive analytics on industrial datasets
- Demonstrated skill at data visualization and storytelling for an audience of stakeholders
- Technical Expertise:
- Demonstrated knowledge of data management methods
- Demonstrated knowledge of real-time analytics development and deployment
- Domain Knowledge:
- Demonstrated awareness of customer and stakeholder management and business metrics
- Demonstrated skill at functioning effectively in a team setting
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving methods
- Demonstrated presentation and influencing skills
- Personal Attributes:
- Demonstrated skill how to succeed in ambiguous circumstances
You may properly apply for multiple positions separately if they match your experience and education by visiting my LinkedIn profile to see the open positions.
Posted on Sep 3, 2023.