About the job
You will play a vital role in the heart of a product-centric organization that enjoys the autonomy of a startup while channelling the network and reach of a multi-national company.
An opportunity to innovate in the midst of the thriving fintech industry, driving financial inclusion amongst millions of unbanked employees in the UAE.
You will participate in the design, development, roll-out and support of data-related applications and will work within the Data team.
The position requires effective data tech skills, time management, team spirit, communication, and organizational abilities.
- Understand and support UAE’s strategic vision of financial inclusion, helping the business to make empowered decisions supported by data
- Critical role in the data platform implementation for the organization
- Help to drive a data transformation to support product growth by acting as a Data Champion for cross-functional teams
- Working with cutting-edge technologies and resources to create an impact on how data is used within the organization
- Identify data sources, data processing concepts and methods
- Evaluate, design, and implement on-premises, cloud-based and hybrid data engineering solutions
- Structuring and storing data for uses including — but not limited to — analytics, machine learning, data mining, sharing with applications and organizations
- Integrate, consolidate, and clean data
- Migrate and convert data
- Applying ethical principles in handling data
- Ensuring appropriate storage of data in line with relevant legislation
- Building in security, compliance, scalability, efficiency, reliability, fidelity, flexibility, and portability
REQUIRED SKILLS AND PROFILE
- The ideal candidate will be a graduate in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering or a related field
- Passionate about data and data solutions
- Already has an understanding of what data engineering is about and wants to pursue a career as a Data Engineer
- Knowledge on SQL
- Knowledge of Python or R
- Nice to have some experience with PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik or similar tools
- Good analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and solve problems with minimal guidance
The ideal candidate has their own visa for the initial 6 months. We offer a 6-month Trainee program with the opportunity to apply for a permanent role after 6 months.
The ideal candidate has their own visa for the initial 6 months.