Accenture Middle East
About the job
Data Engineering Lead
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, Song, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries – powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 674,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Through unmatched industry experience, leading technologies from our ecosystem partners and startups, and the largest delivery network in the world, we provide a powerful range of capabilities that can be tailored to our client’s most complex business needs. With over 100 innovation hubs deployed around the world, we help clients continuously innovate at speed and at scale so they can outpace their peers. You will bring innovation, intelligence, and industry experience together with the newest technologies to help clients innovate at scale and transform their businesses.
- Lead Data Engineering efforts / teams working jointly with our delivery canters.
- Work across workstreams to support data requirements including pipelines, reports, and dashboards.
- Analyse and perform data profiling to understand data patterns and discrepancies following Data Quality and Data Management processes.
- Understand and follow best practices to design and develop the E2E Data Pipeline: data transformation, ingestion, processing, and surfacing of data for large-scale applications.
- Understand business requirements to translate them into technical requirements that the system analysts and other technical team members can drive into the project design and delivery.
- Analyze source data and perform data ingestion in both batch and real-time patterns via various methods; for example, file transfer, API, Data Streaming using Kafka and Spark Streaming
- Analyze and understand data processing and standardization requirements, develop ETL processing to transform data.
- Understand data/reports and dashboards requirements, develop data export, data API, or data visualization using Power BI, Tableau, or other visualization tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT, or related fields
- 5+ years of overall experience with at least 2 years of leading teams delivering data lakes, data warehouses, data lakehouses
- Data Engineering skills: Python, SQL, Spark, Cloud Architect, Data & Solution Architect, API, Databricks, Azure
- Data Visualization skills: Power BI (or other visualization tools), DAX programming, API, Data Model
- Business Analyst skills: business knowledge, data profiling, basic data model design, data analysis, requirement analysis, SQL programming
- Basic knowledge in Data Lake/Data Warehousing/ Big data tools, Apache Spark, RDBMS and NoSQL, Knowledge Graph
- Experience with at least one of listed platforms and modern data & analytics solutions –Azure, GCP, Oracle Cloud, Databricks, Snowflake, Informatica, Collibra etc.
- Experience working in a client-facing/consulting environment is a plus.
- Self-motivation, proactiveness and openness to changes.
- Ability to make things happen and to keep deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage unexpected situations.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Related certifications would be a plus.
- Arabic is a plus.
Why join us?
We offer a transparent, fast paced approach career progression, with a focus on your strengths and continuous coaching from senior colleagues
You will benefit from working alongside Accenture experts who are solving some of the biggest industry challenges with innovative thinking and pioneering tools
Flexible work arrangements and a range of benefits including competitive rewards
You will have access to state-of-the-art technology that will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest business trends
You will also have opportunities to make a difference to the communities in which we work and live
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
To learn more about life @AccentureMiddleEast, follow us on social media and keep up with our latest news.
Accenture Middle East: LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
Posted on Nov 6, 2023.