About the job
Add the Middle East to your global professional experience and have the opportunity to work on some of the leading Digital Transformation programs.
Virtusa is one of the fastest growing IT Services companies in the Middle East with a growing client base in the UAE, KSA, Qatar & Oman and we work with the leading Banking and Financial Services, Travel, Telecom and Enterprises firms in the region. We have partnered with our clients to win awards from Gartner, IDC, WfMC and other analyst for the work that we have delivered to our clients in the region.Why would you not like to be part of this exciting and award winning team? Don’t listen to us, listen to our customers(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrDNtTLKkPc; & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhzhZt1GJvM)Teamwork, quality of life, professional and personal development: values that Virtusa is proud to embody. When you join us, you join a team of 30,000+ people globally that cares about your growth — one that seeks to provide you with exciting projects, opportunities and work with state of the art technologies throughout your career with us.
Role: Data Engineer
Skill: Python, Databricks, Pyspark
Experience: 5+ Years
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Scala, etc
- Experience in Python programming and libraries like Pandas, NumPy, SciPy
- Experience in shell script and simple Linux comman
- Strong analytic skills related to working with semi-structured datasets like JSON and XML
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing `big data? data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience in programming using Azure Databricks and ADLS
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres.
- Experience with Azure cloud services: ADLS, Key Vaults, ADF, Log Analytics
- Knowledge with stream-processing systems: Spark-Streamiz
Posted on Jul 18, 2023.