About the job
Looking for an astute, experienced and qualified Data Engineer to assess, analyze and work with data concepts, use-cases & complex new data sources to provide business insights to customers and support the implementation & integration of the data sources into the Presight AI platform.
To play a critical role in the development of high-performance data solutions & information products at Presight.
Presight, an ADX-listed public company limited by shares whose majority shareholder is Abu Dhabi company G42, is the region’s leading big data analytics company powered by Artificial Intelligence (“AI”). It combines big data, analytics, and AI expertise to serve every sector, of every scale, to create business and positive societal impact. With its world-class computer vision, AI and omni-analytics platform as its engine, Presight excels at all-source data interpretation to support insight-driven decision making that shapes policy and creates safer, healthier, happier, and more sustainable societies.
- The candidate is expected to collaborate on micro-services/API development tasks with proficient Python coding skills, aimed at solving moderate to complex challenges.
- Assist in web crawling, data cleaning, data annotation, data ingestion, and data processing tasks.
- Reading and collating moderate to complex data sets
- Support the creation and maintenance of data pipelines with guidance.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives to enhance efficiency and productivity within the team
- Use of Python, SQL, ES, Shell etc. to build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data
- Provide insights into key business performance metrics by building analytical tools that utilize the data pipeline
- Support the wider business with their data needs on an ad hoc basis
To qualify, you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 2+ years of programming experience with solid coding skills in Python and Shell scripting. Familiarity with Java is a plus.
- Proficiency in PostgreSQL and Spark SQL, also understanding data/entity relationships, structured & unstructured data, SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with data ingestion, query optimization, scheduling and monitoring of ETL/ELT jobs
- Working knowledge of data platform concepts – Data Lake, Data Warehouse, Data Pipeline, Big Data Processing (batch/real time processing)
- Exposure to Azure Cloud Platforms and technologies, including concepts such as:
- Azure Synapse Analysis
- Azure Fabric
- Azure Data Factory
- Power BI
- Basic familiarity with web crawling.
- Good corporate capacity, good communication skills.
Ideally, you’ll also need
- Moderate analytical and data visualization skills
- General market and domain knowledge within the data engineering field
- An open-minded and creative approach to problem-solving
- Effective communication and presentation skills
What we look for:
If you are a performance-driven, inquisitive mind with the agility to adapt to ambiguity, you will fit right in. You should be eager to explore opportunities to build meaningful collaborations with stakeholders and aspire to create unique customer-centric solutions. Bias for action and a passion to conquer new frontiers in the AI space is at the heart of the Presight community.
What working at Presight offers:
Culture: An open, diverse and inclusive environment with a global vision that encourages personal growth and focuses on ground-breaking, industry-first innovations.
Career: Outstanding learning, development & growth opportunities via structured training programs and innovative, high-tech projects.
Rewards: A competitive remuneration package with a host of perks including healthcare, education support, leave benefits and more.