The Story so far: Who we are
Huspy is a proptech startup solving two of the biggest challenges in the home buying journey: home financing and home search. As we shape the future of home buying, we are helping customers secure mortgages and find the home they want quicker, at a more affordable rate, and on a single platform.
We are currently operational in Dubai and Madrid, and we believe the ecosystem we are creating raises the bar for the whole industry and fuels our mission of creating a category-defining experience.
Since our launch in August 2020, we have managed to secure funding from top investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, Fifth Wall, Breyer Capital, and we recently raised $37 million in one of the largest Series A rounds in the history of MENA.
We’re building something awesome from the ground up, and looking for people with grit, resilience, and good hearts who are excited by the opportunity to make a big impact on a process that’s in need of serious disruption. Just imagine what you can create here – for the industry, for Huspy, and for yourself.
The Main Event: What you’ll do
We are looking for a motivated and skilled professional who can take the lead in the design, development, maintenance and management of our data infrastructure and tools. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data engineering with at least 5 years of experience, preferably with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Snowflake.
- Design, build, and maintain highly scalable data management systems and data pipelines
- Develop and test high-performance algorithms, predictive models, and proof of concepts
- Architect and update the data warehouse infrastructure to meet changing technologies and business requirements
- Provide support to data modelers, analysts and other team members to enable efficient use of the platform.
- Implement version control, data quality, and data lineage frameworks to ensure data integrity and accessibility
- Develop access management and control systems, ensuring the right level of access to the right individuals
- Monitor platform costs and implement optimizations to ensure the cost-effective use of data resources
- Develop and maintain Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes
The Perfect Match: What you bring
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Data Engineering role
- Proven experience with any cloud service providers
- Strong knowledge of data structures, data modeling, and software architecture
- Proficiency in SQL and Python or other data engineering languages
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and an analytical mind
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
What will set you apart:
- Experience in a startup environment or in the PropTech industry
The Perks: Why you’ll love working here
- Picture perfect workplace: A modern and spacious office in the heart of downtown Dubai, with magnificent views of the Burj Khalifa right from your desk. Lots of restaurants, cafes, supermarkets within a 5 min walk!
- “The Garden”: Our collaborative space is perfect for fostering an engaging atmosphere. Have a look at one of the recent events we held in conjunction with International Women’s Day
- “AMA” Fortnightly Fridays: To keep the inspiration flowing, we bring the fun with “Ask Me Anything” sessions featuring one of our executives. Dive into lively conversations, gain valuable insights and connect with our leaders.
- Book Lovers Corner: Discover the reading corner where a variety of books and resources awaits to pique your interest and elevate your learning experience.
- Eats & Treats: Start your week right with our delicious Monday breakfast! Throughout the week, enjoy our in-house barista’s expertly crafted coffee, alongside a supply of fresh fruits to keep your energy up.
- Not in Dubai yet? We’ve got you covered! Start your new chapter effortlessly with our comprehensive relocation package.