About the job
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
What You’ll Do
The Data Analyst reports directly to the RTOC Supervisor and shall demonstrates a total understanding and commitment at collecting and aggregating data from different sources through the deployed infrastructure between the Rig Site and the Customer Group Company Real Time Operation Center.
- Adheres to Customer standards and policies.
- Responsible to identify, capture and communicate in due time, any issue, discrepancy, or malfunction in any of the different steps of the data transmission. Any event and the due process to resolve it or escalate it, will be recorded on ticketing system (Issue Tracker). This record constitutes the main register to identify aspects in the process that needs improvement.
- Ensures the data being collected at the rig site is available to the final users through visualization application.
- Responsible for the proper setup and monitoring of the different application resources used to stream data.
- Understands the different data transmission standards of WITS0 and WITSML, as well as the different static file standards (. las, .csv, .DLIS).
- Detects and escalates to RTOC Supervisor for any major issue with the Rig Site deployed hardware so that an intervention can be done onsite if required.
- Is fully proficient in troubleshooting networking issues and is familiar with the different options of IT infrastructure setup at the different sites.
- Ensures any event or deviation is properly communicated to other shifts through a verbal and written handover, emphasizing critical issues that are pending for actions, or that need to be followed up.
- Set up real-time drilling simulations and update inputs as required for the simulations based on available information of ongoing drilling operations.
- Ensure the elaborated models from the simulations and real-time updates are published and available to the end users through the visualization.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in mudlogging or M/LWD or directional drilling.
- Knowledge on Drilling Operations and understands well operations to a level that allows to ensure receiving sound values of the different parameters measured at the wellsite, both downhole and at surface.
- Knowledge on different hardware, applications, and IT infrastructure necessary to collect, aggregate, compute and transmit the data from the source to Company Real Time Operation Center.
- Working Hours – 1 person for 16 active rigs
- 24/7 – 2 shifts of 12 hours each
What Will Help You On The Job
- Teamwork Communication
- Interpersonal relationship
- Customer focus
- Strategic thinking
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.
Posted on Jun 19, 2023.