About the job
We are looking for an eager to grow Data Analyst to be a part of the team at Presight!
To play a key role in the development of data solutions & information products at Presight.
Presight, an ADX-listed public company limited by shares whose majority shareholder is Abu Dhabi company G42, is the region’s leading big data analytics company powered by Artificial Intelligence (“AI”). It combines big data, analytics, and AI expertise to serve every sector, of every scale, to create business and positive societal impact. With its world-class computer vision, AI and omni-analytics platform as its engine, Presight excels at all-source data interpretation to support insight-driven decision making that shapes policy and creates safer, healthier, happier, and more sustainable societies.
Founded in 2020, the company is headquartered in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Presight has developed transformative products/solutions which enable its customers to gain a stark competitive advantage by integrating AI, deep Analytics and ML in their digital transformation. The team of over 200 staff includes domain specialists, operations experts, data scientists, solution architects, software developers, engineers and data analysts from different countries – all committed to delivering impact.
Presight is an operating company of G42, UAE’s leading AI and Cloud Computing company that champions AI as drivers that power progress, propelled by the combination of exceptional people and technology.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports.
- Look for the “why” behind the numbers. You ask questions and search for solutions; locating and defining new process improvement opportunities.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Flexible, travelling to customer locations as needed
- Collaborate, work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Work with IT and data owners to understand the types of data collected in various databases and data warehouses.
- Collaborate in a multicultural and diverse environment that expands to include various geographic locations and spans numerous cultures.
Skills and attributes for success
The yardsticks of your performance would include cost savings achieved, number of data systems adhering to architecture standards, adherence to policies, procedures & quality standards, number of innovations/POCs deployed, database throughput, and customer NPS.
To qualify, you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or relevant field.
- Minimum 3 – 4yrs experience as Data Analyst OR 5-6 years as a Data Engineer
- Big data experience (Hive, Spark, Sql) is good to have; else in ETL;
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills;
- Self-driven, motivated and results-oriented, customer-centric mindset;
Ideally, you’ll also need
An aptitude for conceptual design and abstract thinking
Strong analytical and data visualization skills
Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst.
Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
What we look for:
If you are a performance-driven, inquisitive mind with the agility to adapt to ambiguity, you will fit right in. You should be eager to explore opportunities to build meaningful collaborations with stakeholders and aspire to create unique customer-centric solutions. Bias for action and a passion to conquer new frontiers in the Big Data Analytics space is at the heart of the Presight community.
What working at Presight offers:
Culture: An open, diverse and inclusive environment with a global vision that encourages personal growth and focuses on ground-breaking, industry-first innovations.
Career: Outstanding learning, development & growth opportunities via structured training programs and innovative, high-tech projects.
Rewards: A competitive remuneration package with a host of perks including healthcare, education support, leave benefits and more.