About the job
Job DescriptionKey Accountabilities
- Design and Develop Power BI dashboards, reports, and alerts for stakeholders across all business functions.
- A key part of the role is to identify and use external sources of information to complement, interpret and contextualize our own information.
- Implement key recommendations by identifying cross-functional stakeholders, developing requirements, ensuring accurate implementation, monitoring impact, and optimizing results
- Design data models to extract data from operational databases and transform the data to easily understood business views.
- Develop and maintain data visualizations, such as charts, graphs, and maps, to help stakeholders understand data trends and insights.
- Work on automation initiatives as required by the company’s strategy.
- Testing and troubleshooting data models and DAX code, Develop and update technical documentation.
- Provide production support and full solution handover to the client or delivery/application maintenance centres.
- Continuously monitor the BI solution to ensure it is aligned with changing business requirements and data sources.
Qualification/Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer Science
- Strong Knowledge of Power BI, Tableau, MS Synapse.
- 5+ years of experience as a BI Developer and Data Analyst.
- Strong experience in BI design, knowledge of data visualization best practices and design aesthetics.
- Experience with Multiple BI Tools such as Power BI, Tableau.
- Must have SQL Server skills including SQL objects development, performance tuning, data analysis and integration
- Must have experience with Semantic Layer and Data Marts.
- Exceptional SQL skills, strong knowledge of relational databases, and the ability to build and maintain database views and Materialized views.
- Ability to perform complex quantitative analysis and translate results into meaningful business insights
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis- then do the analysis
- Remain informed of current trends and technology developments
- Ability to quickly understand business requirements apply them to technology
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects within deadlines and work well under pressure.
Over the past 38 years Drydocks World-Dubai, a DP World Company, has become a leading provider of marine and offshore services to the shipping, oil, gas and energy sectors. Conceived as an ambitious project under the guidance of H.H. Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum the late Ruler of Dubai, the yard is strategically located in a rapidly developing region of the world.
Drydocks World completes over 300 projects a year on average, with a record of handling 42 refurbishment projects simultaneously. The yard is spread over 200 hectares, 3 graving docks and 1 floating dock, with the largest dock capable of handling the world’s largest ship, and over 3,700m of berth space. It also boasts an in-house-built floating crane, which can lift 2,000 metric tonnes, including the weight of lifting gear for all types of heavy lift operations.Innovative projects have been constructed in Drydocks World, breaking records for some of the largest new build offshore fabrication projects worldwide.The yard has received numerous awards and accolades including the Dubai Quality Appreciation Award, The Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Business Award, Shipyard of the Year, and various HSE Awards including previously achieving the British Safety Council’s prestigious “Sword of Honor” on 11 occasions. Drydocks World aims to consistently deliver excellence and to achieve further success for the UAE’s maritime industry, positioning Drydocks World as an international yard of choice.