About the job
At Paradox, we are convinced that people do not want “just a job” anymore.
We are all craving to have an impact through our professional journey. Some want to start their own venture, some want to become an intrapreneur in their current organization, some others just want their day-to-day tasks to have more meaning.
🎯 PARADOX HAS ONE GOAL: EMPOWERING PEOPLE AND ORGANIZATIONS TO LIVE THEIR TRUE AMBITIONS.
But where do we start?
If you have an interest in personal development, you probably already know that:
- Making things happen is a real struggle when you don’t know what truly inspires you and how to get there ;
- Available resources are either boring 😴 or full of crazy unsubstantiated theories 🤪.
It needs to change, and we’re here to make it happen!
⭐️ OUR AMBITION IS TO MAKE SUCCESS THE ONLY POSSIBLE OUTCOME FOR OUR CLIENTS (WHATEVER SUCCESS MEANS FOR THEM), BY CRAFTING INNOVATIVE & CAPTIVATING BREAKTHROUGH EXPERIENCES.
In other words, we want to make personal growth as entertaining as watching Netflix.
How, you might be wondering?
- We travel the world and surround ourselves with top entrepreneurs (Richard Branson – Founder of Virgin, Marc Simoncini – Founder of Meeting, Fred Mazzella – Founder of BlablaCar), world athletes (Frederick Bousquet – World record in 50m free swimming, Frank Leboeuf – WorldCup Footballer), and artists (Barry Osborne – Producer of Lord of the Rings and Matrix) ✊;
- We reverse engineer their strategies for achieving success and lean on the latest researches about neuroscience ⚙️;
- We deliver trainings & educational contents around soft skills (critical thinking, productivity, leadership, public speaking, coaching, stress management), self-growth and performance, through a balanced set of e-learning programs, events and edutainment videos 💡.
From one inspiring and well-known Founder to a team of +60 people today (and counting!), this approach has paid off and enabled us to exceed 2 million followers on social networks, and to have thousands of people attending our online events and training courses.
And here are the vessels we embarked on to complete our mission:
- Effective Coaching Institute
- Business Tribe
- David Laroche
🔥 TOGETHER, WE ARE DRIVEN BY ONE DREAM:
- Helping 100 000 people achieve their dream and display their pictures on what we call the “100 000 dreams wall”;
- Giving our clients access to constant personal growth by reinventing their learning experience;
- Have Will Smith and Richard Branson in our next documentary.
And that’s where you come in.
YOUR MISSION 🚀
🎯 Your main mission is to be a subject of matter expert for all things Back-End and DevOps across the organization.
1 | Lead the development of the Microservice architecture using AWS services
It can be painful for a team to track a customer or find a specific transaction. We built a place to track all of these. And we want to upgrade it to the next level.
- Manage all transactionals data and aggregate different third party tools to feed a data lake.
- Discuss, challenge and validate architecture choices with the team when implementing a new microservice.
- Document Technical choice (Architectural Decision Record).
- Define priorities during the spring based on the team and the goal for the sprint.
- Act as a technical reference for the team.
2 | Prepare the team for scaling and get your seat belt fastened!
- Prepare and plan software deployment strategies, you are in charge of the delivery pipeline using AWS.
- Monitor the system and make sure it’s running smoothly using Observability best practice.
- You are ready to make decision that will benefit the team on the long run but you are also careful with details.
3 | Development of our own cloud-based learning platform and mobile app that will reach and inspire millions of people
TECHNICAL STACK (Open to grow according to your choices) 💾
- We recently migrated our stack on AWS to enjoy modern managed solutions. We currently use monitoring services such as Cloudwatch, Lambda functions, RDS databases.
- We choses to go with an event driven architecture using RabbitMQ hosted on AWS. We use docker when our functions don’t run with Lambdas!
- Project management is done using Atlassian tools (Jira / Confluence).
- That’s not all, we are currently separating operational data from data for reporting in order to provide clear and relevant data to the company and we chose to work with best data tools such as DBT, Snowflake and various ETLs.
DO YOU RECOGNIZE YOURSELF? 😍
If you dream of a life that feels more like an adventure with its twists and turns and challenges rather than a mapped out and stable life, then this job is for you.
- Organization and very good in project management
- At ease with Agile Method
- Ability to Act as Engineering Manager
- You figure things out by yourself, you make things happen!
- Velocity in terms of coding
- You are an abstract, analytical thinker
- You can work in an autonomous manner and manage your time in order to reach your goals
- Proven ability to define clear KPIs and gather the necessary data to back up decisions
- Ability to grow your team(s)/hire, track its velocity, and keep them motivated
- You like to chat with non-technical people
- Drive & Problem Solver: You’re ambitious, You work hard because you love it, you own things and get them done.
- Analytical Mind: You challenge your assumptions, able to quickly identify and formulate problems, and support your analysis with data.
- Growth over Ego: You are eager to learn, and receive hard feedback to grow. You let others speak and seek to understand their viewpoints.
- Team Player: You love to work as a team, share and win together (Victory and Failure are “We” words).
- Strong Desire to create Woww
- Hands-On Coding – You code fast, and you test it!
- You implemented Microservice in an event driven system
- Technical Excellence and Innovation
- Strong understanding of different patterns and DevOps industry standards
- Experience with CI/CD
- Strong experience with AWS services
- English: Fluent English, you can hold a conversation on specific details with English-speaking colleagues. Our chosen language for written communication is English. Currently, 10% of the team is English-speaking, a % which will continue to grow.
- French: Preferred
❌ THIS JOB MIGHT NOT BE FOR YOU IF…
- You don’t like to be challenged and grow in your job
- You don’t usually try to improve the processes in place: if they are here, there is a reason
- You like to have very specific tasks assigned to you that won’t evolve in the course of a year
- You like to be told what to do or how to do something on a daily basis
- None of the following reflects your personal interests: personal development / coaching / professional growth / education / edtech / teaching / edutainment / impact startups
- You don’t like to take risks
- Your only driver is joining a full-remote company or getting a visa to work in Dubaï: yes, our company culture is cool, but we want people to care about our mission, products, and their job
❤️ JOIN US IF YOU CRAVE
Growth & Ambition 🚀
🏅 Being surrounded by A-players who strive to perform whilst being in a good mood
🏋️♀️ No more bosses, but ongoing conversations to support your growth
⚡️ Being part of an ambitious company with a lot of growth opportunities
Impact & Meaning 🔥
🦄 Playing a crucial role in the development of a company whose content and products are enjoyed by millions of people
🤩 Waking up in the morning knowing you are making a difference: we receive messages every day from clients who have successfully lost weight, quit smoking, reach a mile stone in their business, built better relationships, and made positive changes in their lives.
As Yannick, our community manager, says:
“To make a long story short, Paradox is a growth adventure on steroids, an adventure where you grow personally, whilst helping others do the same.”
But that’s not all, we believe that driven people deserve…
Freedom & Well Being 🗽☀️
😎 A company culture based on autonomy & accountability
🗽 Flexible working hours
🌎 A remote culture from day one with the freedom to work from wherever you want
🏤 Magnificent offices in Dubai and soon Lisbon: you’re at home worldwide
⌨️ Standing desks paid by the company, if you live far from our offices
💻 Macbook: to be the most efficient in your work
🏀 350€ per year paid by the company to take care of yourself (for your gym, or dance class or whatever make you feel great)
📚 150€ per year paid by the company to boost your knowledge (books, education): we are passionate about learning and want to support your growth)
🤝 1:1 coachings: a Paradox coach supporting you personally or professionally to live your best life
✈️ Annual team building: spoiler alert, our next one will be in Cyprius!
And last but not least…
💰 A competitive salary, tailored not only to your past experience but also the value you will bring to the company
📃 HOW TO APPLY?
We’re your dream company?
Click on “Apply for this position” and fill out a short questionnaire (7 to 8 minutes) to tell us more about yourself and send us your CV!
- 📃 A 6 to 8 minutes application survey.
- 📞⚡️ A 15-30 minutes video call with Candice, our Talent Acquisition Manager, to assess the fit between the position, the company, and your own career path (via Zoom).
- 💻 A video-call focused on your career with the hiring manager, Gabriel, to review your background & see how we can match your desires with our needs (via Zoom).
- 📞🌟 A culture-fit video call with Timy, our Chief Strategy Officer, to check in depth the alignment between you and our values and culture (via Zoom).
- 💻 A last video-call with Adrian, our Head of Product, to discover and get to know oneself (via Zoom).
- 💼 Reference calls to get in-depth insights about how you work in different environments, make your onboarding easier, and give everybody on the team the insurance to be surrounded by A-Players.
- 🤗 Welcome aboard!
About Our Recruitment Process
Our recruitment process is tailored to do our best to avoid that you or us realize that we’re not a perfect fit in two or six months. It might seem long, but every step serves a purpose and will allow us to get to know you better as much as it’ll help you understand more where you’ll be stepping in.
We also want you to have time to ask all of your questions regarding your job description, the long-term vision of your team and the company, our values, with the relevant interlocutor in front of you.
A virtual coffee with members from your future team as well as a short video call with the CEO can be scheduled on request at the end of the process if you need additional insights in order to make the decision of joining Paradox.
How to nail your Paradox application?
✅ Tailor your CV & application to our specific job description and company. If we feel like you don’t care now, how could we think that you’d care once on the job?
✅ Complete the different steps of the application process in a timely manner, to ensure you don’t miss out on this opportunity!
✅ Help us organize calls with your previous managers (or colleagues and/or clients depending on context and positions) at the end of the recruitment process.
✅ Prepare your interviews and the questions you will ask at each step, depending on who’s conducting it.
❌ Incomplete applications will not be considered.
❌ If you are not comfortable with organizing reference calls, do not apply.