About the job
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
This role is part of the site Order Engineering team responsible for developing and designing equipment packages in accordance with customer order specifications, national and international standards, and internal procedures. The activities of the incumbent are primarily order related engineering design packages work, customer documents, bills of material, manufacturing drawings, customer specification review and the implementation into clear project definitions. The incumbent performs engineering packages design activities and directs the cost, on time efforts of engineering job activities in accordance with quality requirements, preparation of specific order documents and job-related calculations. The incumbent reports to the Order Engineering Manager.
- Support proposal activities include conducting pre-engineering work, determine technical scope, engineering labor, risk analysis and/or make equipment selection outside of eCPQ
- Review project specification from the order transfer file
- Review project buy-out supplier documentation
- Perform system design efforts including conducting routine engineering analysis, design calculation and simulation.
- Provide primary customer interface/support to other internal functions, providing technical guidance to clarify project requirements.
- Support order change management
- Provide technical support to supply chain including review vendor and buyout drawings
- Support production by providing tactical advice and guidance on specification deviations and waivers and other activities where required.
- Review quality plan
- Provide system commissioning and warranty support as required.
- Develop and support test plan for the complete system
- Complete technical fulfilment of job requirements
- Meet project timelines for engineering documentation and gathers approvals at the first issue
- Ensure customer satisfaction, accuracy and timeliness of customer documentation
- Provide rework or resubmittal documentation in agreed upon cycles to obtain approvals
- Provide non-conformance report resolutions for contract/customer specification issues
- Engineering degree or equivalent and/or 5+ years related experience
- Computer-Assisted Design/3-Dimensional design
- Understanding of engineering documentation, drafting, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Effective oral and written communications
- Collaborative interpersonal skills
- Advanced project management tools, methods and applications
- Accountability and execution for completing work timely and to specifications
- Basic knowledge of information technology tools including Windows, Microsoft Office products and other related tools
- Knowledge of analysis tools
- Basic fluency in the English language
Req ID : R-5975
Job Family Group : Engineering
Job Family : EN Engineering
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access flowservecareers.com as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words “Accommodation Request” as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.