About the job
AVEVA is a global leader in industrial software. Our cutting-edge solutions are used by thousands of enterprises to deliver the essentials of life – such as energy, infrastructure, chemicals and minerals – safely, efficiently and more sustainably.
We’re the first software business in the world to have our sustainability targets validated by the SBTi, and we’ve been recognized for the transparency and ambition of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We’ve also recently been named as one of the world’s most innovative companies.
If you’re a curious and collaborative person who wants to make a big impact through technology, then we want to hear from you! Find out more at https://www.aveva.com/en/about/careers/
Application Engineer (RTO), Al Khobar
The RTO Application Engineer is responsible for working as part of a team that delivers and supports software implementations, which meet our customer’s requirements for AVEVA ERM. The application engineer is engaged in the implementation from contract signing, to the final delivery and customer hand over.
This role is part of a team, which supports our implementations and customers in Middle East and Europe. The position requires the ability to work closely with the customer and project management to collaboratively implement AVEVA RTO.
The Application Engineer will act as a technical lead in service engagements, taking a high level of personal responsibility for achieving a successful engagement but also directing development staff where appropriate. Travel is expected for some engagements to onsite activities. Consultancy and pre-sales will be predominantly with an evolving new product but will also involve existing products already in the market.
- Implementation of Real Time Optimization (RTO) applications in Refinery and Petrochemical units, based on AVEVA Process Optimization (APO) software ( https://sw.aveva.com/operate-and-optimise/optimise-operations/romeo-process-optimisation ).
- Maintenance of RTO applications installed base
- Consult customer in best practices for applying AVEVA RTO solution
- Carry out service engagements with customers, including the implementation of standard and customized solutions, training, requirements gathering & analysis, solution definition and software customization
- Provide product usage support to customers
- Assist Sales and Business Development with demonstrations, answering RFIs, and other pre-sales activities
- Provide domain input to product development, including requirements, technical reviews, and testing
Skills & Qualifications
- Chemical Process and/or Control Engineer with relevant experience in Optimization of Refinery and/or Petrochemical operations and/or planning.
- Expert user of rigorous refinery process simulation packages or expert in advanced control applied to Refinery and Petrochemical or both.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in functional areas in industry domains
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to produce technical specifications and training material
- Ability to communicate well with customers, managers and AVEVA global team
- Programming skills in Tcl, Python, Excel VBA, SQL would be a plus.
- Familiarity with Power BI
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Arabic language will be an advantage
AVEVA requires all successful applicants to undergo and pass a comprehensive background check before they start employment. Background checks will be conducted in accordance with local laws and may, subject to those laws, include proof of educational attainment, employment history verification, proof of work authorization, criminal records, identity verification, credit check. Certain positions dealing with sensitive and/or third party personal data may involve additional background check criteria.
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to being an exemplary employer with an inclusive culture, developing a workplace environment where all our employees are treated with dignity and respect. We value diversity and the expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.