About the job
cashew is a payments led financing company tackling the challenges consumers face across the MENA region in gaining access to finance at point of sale.
We have a goal; to help people finance the important things in life. Providing a tech-solution that taps into alternative data sources to offer a faster and fairer way for consumers to pay.
Join our team to be part of the greatest change in the history of payment solutions!
- Developing new features and user interfaces from wireframe models
- Ensuring the best performance and user experience of the application
- Fixing bugs and performance problems
- Writing clean, readable, and testable code
- Cooperating with back-end developers, designers, and the rest of the team to deliver well-architected and high-quality solutions
- Providing clean technical documentation (uses cases, sequence diagrams‚ etc.) for the as per recommended standards.
You need to have:
- Extensive knowledge about mobile app development. This includes the whole process, from the first line of code to publishing in the store(s)
- Deep knowledge of Android
- Proficiency with writing automated tests.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs, JSON format and mobile libraries for networking
- Familiarity with Git
- Familiarity with push notifications (Firebase…etc.)
- Understanding mobile app design guidelines on each platform and being aware of their differences
- Proficiency in Kotlin/Java
- Exposing mobile app as a reusable SDK (like .aar files) to be plugged-in by other 3rd parties’ mobile apps.
- Familiarity with mobile-specific features implementation like GPS, Camera access‚ etc.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary Package
- Opportunity to be part of a growing fintech start-up in the region
- Diverse and inclusive work culture
- Passionate, empowered, and dynamic team with a flat organization structure
- Career progression and learning opportunities as the company grows
- Annual training budget as a part of professional development initiative for all employees