What is the UAE’s Golden visa?
The UAE’s ‘Golden visa’ is a long-term residence visa which enables foreign talents to live, work or study in the UAE while enjoying exclusive benefits which include:
- an entry visa for six months with multiple entries to proceed with residence issuance
- a long-term, renewable residence visa valid for 5 or 10 years
- the privilege of not needing a sponsor
- the ability to stay outside the UAE for more than the usual period of six months in order to keep their residence visa valid
- the ability to sponsor their family members, including spouses and children regardless of their ages
- the ability to sponsor unlimited number of domestic helpers
- the permit for family members to stay in the UAE until the end of their permit duration, if the primary holder of the Golden visa passes away.
Requirements for Golden Visa
Requirements for the Golden visa depend on the type of residence, whether investor, talent, entrepreneur, etc.
Software Engineer comes under Talent Category. Talent category doesn’t require the salary limit of AED 30,000 (it is only for the professional category). Under this category, an applicant and his family member can be granted a Golden Residency Visa for specialized talents and researchers in various fields of science and knowledge for 10 years without a sponsor and subject to renewal.
Apply via Dubai Smart Application
Eligible candidates can apply for the Golden Visa using GDRFA-Dubai Smart Application. Here are the 6 steps they would need to follow:
- STEP 1 – Download the GDRFA-Dubai application through the authorized stores: Apple store/Play store
- STEP 2 – Register a new user account (in case there is no account registered)
- STEP 3 – Select the required service
- STEP 4 – Attach the required documents
- STEP 5 – Pay the fees due for the service
- STEP 6 – Submit the request
Apply via AMER Center
- STEP 1 – Head to one of the service branches of the Amer Centers
- STEP 2 – Select the required service at the receptionist
- STEP 3 – Submit the required documents to the service employee
- STEP 4 – Checking documents
- STEP 5 – Pay the fees due for the service
- STEP 6 – Submit application
- Applicants would require an attested degree (bachelor’s degree or higher), or a letter of equivalency for the academic degree from the Ministry of Education (for certificates from outside the country).
- A copy of the sponsored residency.
- A work contract in one of the following disciplines: (Artificial Intelligence – Big Data – Computer Engineering – Software Engineering).
- Passport Copy
- Old EID Front / Back
- Previous month’s bank statement
- Tenancy Contract
- Passport size Photos
- Medical Certificate
Detailed steps are as follows:
Step One: VISA – GOLDEN RESIDENCE – NOMINATION REQUEST FOR GOLDEN RESIDENCE – NEW REQUEST
To apply for a golden visa, someone has to nominate you. Usually, this is the company that you work for. If you are a Freelancer, then you will be having a freelancer license number. You can start with that. You can use your Freelancer License Number as the establishment number. It cost around AED 52.50
Step Two: VISA – GOLDEN RESIDENCE – PERSONS WHO ARE TALENTED – ISSUE NEW VISA
Once your nomination request is successful, then you can go on to issue a new VISA for yourself. This should also be approved, as the request was successful. You will have to cancel your old visa, otherwise this won’t be approved. Once approve, you will get an Entry Permit. It cost around AED 305.52
Step Three: RESIDENCY – ALL RESIDENCE TYPES – CHANGE STATUS – CHANGE STATUS
Once your entry permit is approved, you have to apply for the Change Status service. It cost around AED 558.93
Step Four: RESIDENCY – GOLDEN RESIDENCY (10 YEARS) – PERSONS WHO ARE TALENTED – ISSUE RESIDENCE
Once your application gets approved for Changing your status, you can then apply for the Residency Permit. You will also have to get a Medical Test done at one of the MOHRE / DHA health centers. It cost around AED 1,217.80 and AED 345 for medical.
Step Five: EMIRATES ID SERVICES-EMIRATES ID FOR RESIDENT-EMIRATES ID FOR RESIDENT-RENEW EMIRATES ID
Once your residency is approved, you will then have to apply for the Renewal of your EID, since you already had one before (assuming you are a UAE resident). It cost around AED 1054.20
Once your EID request is approved, then you should find the VISA and EID in your ICP Application.